As with the original Mavic Mini, the DJI Mini 2 is light enough that it doesn’t need to be registered with the FAA in the US — it’s 249 grams, just 1 gram under the requirement. The biggest improvement this time around is that rather than connecting via Wi-Fi, which could lead to unstable connections over large distances, the drone uses DJI’s much more reliable OcuSync 2.0
That technology allows the drone to work at distances of up to 10 km — over twice the distance of the original — and should be much more reliable on the whole. It is, after all, what DJI uses on its more advanced drone models.
The other big update is that the drone can now shoot in 4K resolution at 30fps, up from 2.7K, at bitrates up to 100 Mbps. This allows you to use 2x lossless zoom if recording in 1080p. And of course, you should get silky-smooth footage courtesy of the 3-axis gimbal and built-in flight modes, which are essentially pre-programmed flight paths for a cinematic look.
Other upgrades include a 16 m/s top speed (previously 13 m/s), and wind resistance up to 10.5 m/s (previously 8 m/s). For photographers, the Mini 2 now lets you shoot in RAW for greater control over your images, and the Mini 2 now makes it easy to connect the drone to your phone without using the controller.
Make Your Moments Fly
DJI Mini 2 is beginner-friendly, powerful, and well, mini. Impressive performance, stunning image quality, and creative videos are just a few taps away. Explore an entirely new perspective, capturing the moments that make your life truly yours.
Pack Light, Fly Free
Just how light is DJI Mini 2. At less than 249 g, it weighs about as much as an apple and fits in the palm of your hand. Compact and convenient, Mini 2 is your ideal travel companion, transforming how you capture your favourite memories.
Small But Mighty
Thanks to intuitive and advanced features packed in a portable frame, DJI Mini 2 provides complete freedom wherever and however you want to create. Whether you’re shooting at a deserted beach or capturing the details of a fun family reunion, Mini 2 can handle it all.
It may be small, but this drone packs a ton of power. With a max battery life of 31 minutes, DJI Mini 2 grants more than enough time to compose the perfect shot. Mini 2 can resist level 5 winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
OcuSync 2.0 Video Transmission
Explore your world without limitations. Mini 2 supports up to 6 km of HD video transmission and has excellent anti-interference capabilities, giving you the ability to fly farther and see clearer.
3-Axis Gimbal with 4K Camera
It’s like pressing the replay button on your memories. A 12MP camera in the sky delivers content guaranteed to impress. Along with 4K/30fps video and a 3-axis motorized gimbal, Mini 2 ensures stunning image quality that is consistently smooth no matter how adventurous your piloting gets.
There’s no need to get so close for your dream shot. 4x digital zoom makes it safer and more convenient when transitioning between shots of varying distance and composition.
Instantly master aerial photography. With just a few taps, DJI Mini 2 automatically records and shoots professional-level videos to share directly on social media. Whether you’re a beginner or a more experienced flyer, the DJI Fly app helps you produce impressive results complete with soundtracks and filters.
Show off just how epic your view is. Select from Wide-Angle, 180°, and Sphere panoramas, and DJI Mini 2 will do the rest, generating a panoramic masterpiece almost instantly.
The DJI Fly app features intelligent, built-in photo optimization. The app automatically enhances image quality after downloading a photo, resulting in vivid colours and details that pop.
Simplified Flight for Stunning Content
DJI Mini 2 carefully optimizes user experience and intelligent features. Thanks to Smart Return to Home, automatic takeoff, and precise hovering, the operation is more streamlined and safer than ever. The possibilities are endless when the sky is your playground.
Discover a new adventure. Not sure where to fly Figuring out where to take off no longer needs to be a headache. Plan your itinerary in advance with the DJI Fly app, and you might even come across another aerial photography enthusiast.
When Mini 2 is close to your smartphone, the DJI Fly app will automatically recognize and connect to the aircraft and synchronize selected photos and videos at 20 MB/s.
With this new feature, you can easily cut out a segment of your footage to edit and download. Hunting for your favorite shot or worrying about insufficient storage is a thing of the past.
The intuitive editor of the DJI Fly app includes a diverse set of creative templates. Flying, shooting, editing, and sharing can be done almost instantly, allowing you to create and share on the go.
See for Yourself
DJI Mini 2 packs powerful performance in an impossibly light body. Mini 2 is the ideal choice for beginners and content creators looking to level up.
- 360° Propeller Guard: Protect Mini 2’s propellers for added flight safety. Suitable for flying indoors and locations with obstacles.
- Two-Way Charging Hub: This practical accessory holds three batteries and charges them in sequence. It can also be used as a mobile power source to charge the remote control, smartphone, and other devices.
- DJI Mini Bag+: Able to hold Mavic Mini, Mini 2, and extra accessories, this daily bag comes in a variety of colours.
- Charging Base: This ingenious display case charges and stores Mini 2, allowing you to show off your drone in style.
- DIY Creative Kit: The creative kit features DIY stickers and pens, allowing you to put your unique stamp on Mini 2.
- Snap Adapter: Customize your Mini 2 with several fun compatible accessories.
- Max Ascent Speed: 5 m/s (S Mode), 3 m/s (N Mode), 2 m/s (C Mode)
- Max Descent Speed: 3.5 m/s (S Mode), 3 m/s (N Mode), 1.5 m/s (C Mode)
- Max Speed (near sea level, no wind): 16 m/s (S Mode), 10 m/s (N Mode), 6 m/s (C Mode)
- Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level: 4000 m, (2000 m when taking off with propeller guard
- Max Tilt Angle: 40° (S Mode), 25° (N Mode), 25° (C Mode), Up to 40° under strong winds
- Max Angular Velocity (by default): 130°/s (S Mode), 60°/s (N Mode), 30°/s (C Mode)
- Hovering Accuracy Range: Vertical: ±0.1 m (with Vision Positioning), ±0.5 m (with GPS Positioning), Horizontal: ±0.3 m (with Vision Positioning), ±1.5 m (with GPS Positioning)
- ISO Video: 100-3200 (Auto), 100-3200 (Manual)
- ISO Photo: 100-3200 (Auto), 100-3200 (Manual)
- Max Image Size: 4:3: 4000×3000, 16:9: 4000×2250
- Zoom Range: 4K: 2x, 2.7K: 3x, FHD: 4x
- QuickShot Modes: Dronie, Helix, Rocket, Circle, Boomerang
Required Operating System:
- iOS v10.0 or later
- Android v6.0 or later
What's in the box
- Ultralight & foldable
- 31-min max flight time
- 10km video transmission
- Level 5 wind resistance
- Ultra-clear 4K video
- Intelligent modes & quick shots
- Takeoff weight < 249 g
- Dimensions: Folded 138 × 81 × 58 mm (L × W × H), unfolded 159 × 203 × 56 mm (L × W × H), unfolded (with propellers): 245 × 289 × 56 mm (L×W×H)
- Diagonal distance: 213 mm
- Intelligent flight battery capacity 2250 mAh
- Intelligent flight battery weight 86.2 g
- Remote controller & video transmission battery capacity 5200 mAh
- SD cards: UHS-I Speed Class 3 or above is required
- Max control speed (tilt): 100°/s
- Angular vibration range: ±0.01°