FrSky D8R-II plus 8 Channel Receiver w/ telemetry
Compatible with FrSky two way telemetry modules: DFT, DJT, DHT, DHT-U
Operating Voltage Range: 3.5V-10.0V
Operating Current: 100mA
Operating Range: 1.5-2.5 km
Resolution: 3072 (>11bit)
Servo Frame Rate: 18ms (FS – Normal Speed Mode)
9ms (HS – High Speed Mode)
Two external analog telemetry ports (A1&A2) and one digital data-stream port (Rx);
When side port pins of A1 and X are connected by the jumper, A1 will change from external analog telemetry port to internal built-in battery voltage sensor;
Convenient to upgrade – no need to open the receiver’s case when upgrading;
Two switchable PPM modes - FS mode and HS mode;
Alarm warning on low voltage, poor reception, etc.
2.1 Bind procedure
1) Ascertain that the transmitter is in the PPM mode. Turn off the transmitter.
2) Turn on the transmitter while holding the F/S button on the transmitter module (Ensure that both switches on the transmitter module are OFF when using D8R-XP in two way mode). Release the button. The RED LED on the transmitter module will flash, indicating the transmitter is ready to bind to the receiver.
3) Connect battery to the receiver while holding the F/S button on the receiver. The RED LED on the receiver will flash, indicating the binding process is completed. Turn off both the transmitter and the receiver.
4) Turn on the transmitter and connect the battery to the receiver. The GREEN LED on the receiver will indicate the receiver is receiving commands from the transmitter. The receiver/transmitter module binding will not have to be repeated, unless one of the two is replaced.
2.2 Range check
A pre-flight range check should be done before each flying session. Reflections from nearby metal fences, concrete buildings or trees can cause loss of signal both during range check and during the flight.
The following steps are to be followed to perform the range check of the model before the flight:
1) Place the model at least 60cm (two feet) above non-metal contaminated ground (e.g. on a wooden bench).
2) The receiver antennas should be separated in the model, and do not touch the ground.
3) Place the antenna of the transmitter in a vertical position.
4) Turn on the transmitter and the receiver, press the F/S button of the transmitter module for 4 seconds to enter range check mode, the RED LED of the transmitter module will be off, GREEN LED will flash rapidly, and the beeper will sound. The effective distance will be decreased to 1/30 of full range.
5) Walk away from the model while simultaneously operating the controls on the transmitter, confirming that all controls operate normally to a distance of at least 30 meters (~30 yds).
6) Press the F/S button of the transmitter module for 1S-4S to exit range check mode, RED LED will be back on, indicating normal operation is back.
Warning: Battery or servos are NOT to be plugged into side ports (A1/A2/Rx), otherwise damage may occur.
Warning: HS mode is only applied for high-speed digital servos. Other servos should select FS mode, otherwise servos will get hot and may burn out.