• New BETA Firmware Ikarus OSD(June 24th 2011)
Testing Ikarus OSD Autopilot from javier martinez on Vimeo.
Navigation System IKARUS OSD for FPV and UAV aircraft, it's right now one of the most powerfull OSD of the market
1 x Main IKARUS OSD board
1 x 10Hz GPS
1 x 50A Current Sensor
1 x Connection cable GPS-Ikarus
1 x Power Cable (JST to Servo Male Connector)
3 x 3 Wire cable Male-Male (Ikarus-Rx)
- Configuration of all options IKARUS OSD (alarms, routes, autopilot, distribution text, different screens, etc ...)
- Video, Map and instruments for control the aircraft in live time.
- Share a local network position of the aircraft with other users IKARUS OSD.
- Also can be displayed in the map of the console's position one or more aircraft simultaneously
IKARUS OSD Features:
- 5 Configulble displays:
- 3 configurable flight displays (including hud F16)
- 1 Screen Fail Safe configurable
- 1 configurable summary screen (maximum speed, total distance traveled , total time, ....)
- Autopilot, ComingHome and 31 WayPoint
- Autopilot: IKARUS control aileron, elevator, rudder and motor
- Artificial horizon
- Pan Gain: Multiplication factor for the travel channel PAN. (180º)
- PPM Control Input
- Telemetry (embedded in the video decoding using USB video capture)
- USB port for setup and adjustment IKARUS OSD with console
- Supports many GPS 10Hz (recommended Locosys LS20033)
- Camera Switch ( 2 video inputs )
- AUTO PAL / NTSC
- Auto BaudRate
- Charset Editor
- Assistant calibration and configuration: Sensor IR, RSSI, and servo current sensor
- Until 30 differents flight instruments in every screen: Aircraft speed, Altitude, Compass, Artificial Horizon, variometer, RSSI, number of satellites, Arrow Back home, battery voltage, motor instant consumption, battery level, total flight time, latitude, longitude, distance home, waypoint distance, alarms, odometer, horizontal and vertical antenna orientation. The settings can be: text, bar or F16 Hud
- Size: 54x32 mm.
- Weight: 16 gr.
- Consumption: mAh
- Power: between 6.5 to 13 Volts
Setup IKARUS OSD :
- Video System: PAL / NTSC (auto)
- Offset vertical, horizontal and vertical positioning of the telemetry
- Number of cells in the Video and Motor battery
- Capacity motor Battery
- Current sensor and RSSI settings ( help asistententes )
- Name pilot
- GPS Speed (auto / manual)
- OSD Displays
- Telemetry: embedded in the video, external (MODEM), none
- Input control, PPM channel and control mode: normal servo input or PPM signal multiplexed
- Select camera
- Measurement system: Metric or English
- Alarms: Low battery voltage, distance, altitude, speed
- Precision Waypoint
- End of Route: go to home, repeat route, reverse route, reverse and repeat route.
- Relative or absolute altitude, latitudes and longitude
- Firmware upgradeable
Autopilot: two ways of connecting
1. Receivers with PPM frame output: to get a stabilization connect a Copilot head CPD4 to IKARUS or FY-30A + FY2IR (inertial systems). In this case, ikarus takes control of the aileron, elevator, motor and rudder
2. Normal receivers (PCM or PPM) without PPM frame: need a stabilization system, a CPD4 Copilot, Copilot II or inertial systems Type FY30A
- Cam be used: on normal planes (direction / 1 or 2 aileron, elevator and motor), wings and Vtail planes.
- Management routes, maximum 31 WayPoint, routes can be saved and load at another time.
- If you lose the signal of Radio Control, enters FailSafe and the plane came back home in automatic mode (you must first set the failsafe for that purpose)
Flight Console. This will be the flight display which will show the video from the aircraft. Telemetry information encoded in the fringe left of the image will be decoded by the console, updating on the map the position of the plane, and the various instruments of the plane.
In the map window, you can see the aircraft's position and orientation. A long line will link with the house the plane stored in the console to allow easy orientation for the pilot. Another line (yellow) link the plane to the next waypoint on the route.
Compatible With AeroSimRC Simulator:
Test the OSD IKARUS in a simulator before you fly your plane FPV/UAV. Check the various screens of flight, the autopilot and the right adjust of yuor Rc Transmitter. Ikarus OSD is the first can be test in a Simulator RC: AerosimRC. More information about the simulator in the manufacturer's Website.
Ikarus OSD plugin for AeroSIM RC from Manuel Guillen on Vimeo. OPTIONAL Requires: IR Head Copilot and cable or Co-Pilot CPD4, USB Video Capture, Current Sensor 100A, USB upgrade Key, AerosimRC Simulator
• Flight Console Ikarus & Drivers