*Note: Shown product picture is from a generic Li-on battery and don’t match exactly with the configuration of the selected pack.
14.8V / 31.500mAh / 90A / 466Wh / 1800g
Lion Power battery packs are manufactured using Panasonic Sanyo NCR18650GA Lition-ion cells, with a 3.6 - 3.7V voltage, 3500mAh capacity and 10A continue discharge per cell. Cells are combined in series and parallel to get the required voltage, capacity and maximum current.
This Panasonic Sanyo NCR18650GA cells are the same ones used in the manufactured of batteries for Tesla cars, that are Pioneers and number one in the market of electric vehicles.
Lion Power is the first manufacturer to distribute in Europe Litio-ion batteries specially adapted for use in Drones and Aero-modeling.
Panasonic NCR18650GA cell has the specific energy of more than 250 Wh/kg, what give around 70%-100% additional to conventional Lipo batteries. That means that Lion Power batteries have until double energy capacity for a same weight that conventional Lipo batteries.
Sanyo Energy a few years ago became a wholly owned subsidiary of Panasonic, who is also the supplier of batteries to power Tesla’s electric vehicles.
Advantages Li-on batteries:
- More autonomy and less weight
- Between 70-100% more energy density than conventional Lipo batteries.
- Lifespan higher than Lipo. They hold many more charging and discharging cycles than Lipo batteries.
- Less maintenance, do not swell or spoil if stored at half load
- Can be charger using conventional Lipo chargers.
- Delivery of maximum power more limited so it is necessary to size the package properly for our power requirements.
Technical specs and performances
- Cell count: 36 (same rank cells)
- Cell type: Panasonic NCR18650GA (3.500 mAh) – Made in Japan
- Electrochemistry: Lithium-ion NCA (LiNiCoAlO2)
- DC IR: less than 38 mΩ
- Series-Parallel-Connected Cells: 4S9P
- Current capacity: 31.5Ah (31.500 mAh)
- Voltage (nominal) 14.8V
- Energy capacity: 466Wh
- Power: 1332W
- Maximum continuous discharge current: 90A
- Pulse discharge current (10sec): 112A
- Maximum allowable charge voltage: 16.8V
- The discharge end voltage should be more than 10.8V (recommended 13.2V for long lifespan)
- Charging current (CC): max. 13.5A
- Weight: +/-1800g (including wiring harnesses, connectors & covering)
- Physical dimensions (distance between cell pack edges, excluding harnesses): 168 x 75 x 71 mm / 226 x 71 x 56 mm
Wiring harnesses and connectors
- Discharge wire type: Multi-strand 12AWG flexible silicone insulated copper
- Gold plated discharge connector: standard XT90s (on request XT60/EC5/other)
- Discharge wire length (pack to connector end) +/- 100mm
- Balance plug: standard JST-XH 5-pin
- Balance wire length (pack to connector end): +/- 70mm
- The upper part of the cell is over-insulated with a ring-shaped dielectric material.
- The entire cell block is surrounded by a multi-layers shield with mechanical strength and dielectric insulated, outside-reinforced with an aluminized film used in the spacecraft industry. All covering materials provide a high sealing, improve thermal performance and contribute to the robustness of the battery pack.
- The battery pack is externally wrapped in a hard Black PVC film.
Recommended smart chargers