Ublox Neo-M8N GPS with Compass
This new design incorporates the HMC5883L digital compass, using the Ublox latest 8series module providing a convenient method of mounting the compass away from sources of interference that may be present in the confines of the vehicle. It features active circuitry for the ceramic patch antenna, rechargeable backup battery for warm starts and is shipped pre-configured for use with Pixhawk.
The NEO-M8 series of standalone concurrent GNSS modules is built on the exceptional performance of the u-blox M8 GNSS GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, QZSS and SBAS engine in the industry proven NEO format. The NEO-M8 series provides high sensitivity and minimal acquisition times while maintaining low system power. The NEO-M8N provides the best performance and easier RF integration of all the NEO-M8 configurations. The NEO form factor allows easy migration from previous NEO generations. Sophisticated RF-architecture and interference suppression ensure maximum performance even in GNSS-hostile environments.
NEO-M8 combines a high level of robustness and integration capability with flexible connectivity options. The future-proof NEO-M8N includes an internal Flash that allows simple firmware upgrades for supporting additional GNSS systems. The DDC (I2C compliant) interface provides connectivity and enables synergies with most Ublox cellular modules. For RF optimization the NEO-M8N features an additional front-end
LNA for easier antenna integration and a front-end SAW filter for increased jamming immunity.
This module ships with a baud rate of 38400, 10Hz
• Ublox Neo-M8N module
• Industry leading –167 dBm navigation sensitivity
• Navigation update rate up to 10 Hz
• Cold starts: 26s
• LNA MAX2659ELT+
• 25 x 25 x 4 mm ceramic patch antenna
• Rechargeable 3V lithium backup battery
• Low noise 3.3V regulator
• Power and fix indicator LEDs
• Protective case
• 30cm Pixhawk2.4 compatible 6-pin and APM compatible 5-pin 2 types cable included
• Diameter 60mm total size, 32 grams with case.
• NEO-M8N with compass module and case set
• Pixhawk compatible 6pin cable
• APM compatible 5pin cable
• ‘X’ type folding pedestal mount